วันจันทร์ที่ 13 มีนาคม พ.ศ. 2560

EL 321: Keys to Review 5 and Review 6 pp 130-133

Chapter 5: Review Exercises, page 130-131

1.
1 b    2  c    3  a    4  a

2.
1  Sentence a) is called the zero conditional and the time reference   
    is general.
2  Sentence b) is called the first conditional and the time reference
    is future.
3  Sentence c) is called the second conditional and the time
    reference is future. 

3.
1  If we continue talking, I'm sure we'll find a compromise.
2. If I agree to that price, can you sign today?

4.
1  b    2  c    3  a

5.
The first conditional refers to a likely event in the future.  In the if clause you use any present tense (simple continuous or perfect) and in the main clause you use will or other modals or the imperative(ประโยคคำสั่ง).

6.
1  I'll    2  we might be able to    3  I should be able to

7.
When the if clause comes at the end, you leave out the comma in writing.

8.
1  S    2  D   a) uncertainty    b) certainty

9.
1  unless    2  If    3  If    4  unless

10.
1  Unless we leave now, ...    2  Unless he agrees to our terms, ...

11.
1  a     2  d    3  c    4  b

12.
1  If I was/were the boss of this company, I would improve communications by having regular meetings.
2  If we paid a 50% deposit now, would you reduce the price to 25,000 Euros?

13.
The expressions providing, provided, as long as and so long as all mean if and only if.  They emphasize the condition.  They have a second conditional form, so they are followed by a verb in the past simple.

14.
1  I suggest (that) we to buy the cheaper model.
2  I recommend it that we have a short break.
3  I advise that you to look again at the figures.
4  What do you suggest me?
5  I recommend you not parking here.


Chapter 6  Company and community: Review exercises pp.132-133
1.
1  a    2  b    c  b    4  A lot of illegal immigrants were employed last year.

2.
1  b    2  a    3  d    4  c

3.
Ending 1 makes a better link.

4.
1  Car parts are made here.
2  The river is being polluted.
3  The law was obeyed.
4  I have been offered the job.
5  Fake goods were being sold.
6  This policy can be changed.
7  We might be fined.
8  This will be decided later.

5.
1  The environment has been put at the centre of our future planning.
2  The idea of corporate social responsibility was introduced by Johnson & Johnson.
3  The elevator is serviced every week.
4  The elevator was serviced last week by that guy with the crazy look in his eyes.
5  A hundred new employees are being hired this month.
6  My flight was delayed.
7  My flight was delayed by a major security alert involving 80 Chechnian terrorists.
8  The environment must be protected.

6.
A terrible gas leak occurred in Bhopal in 1984 -- it seems that the disaster was caused by an act of sabotage.

7.
1  e    2  b    3  c and d    4  a    5  g    6  f    7  h

8.
1 correct  2  correct   3  correct    4  correct  

9.
She said that they'd give me their answer today.

10.
1  She said that she would do that.
2  She told me that she would do that.
3  She said to me that she would do that.
4  She asked me what I would do.
5  She asked me if I would do that.
6  She asked me what I was doing.
7  She asked me when I would arrive.

11.
2  She announced that they were stopping all production.
3  He reassured me that they had fitted new files.
4  She replied that they could do absolutely nothing.











ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น